Fun Fun Forum service issues

(Mattias Petter Johansson) #1

The Patreon/Discourse sync is currently broken and intermittently keeps unassigning the patreon group that gives access to the forum. Discourse are aware of the issues and are investigating, but unfortunately the problem is intermittent and only affecting FFF, not other discourse/patreon customers, and it’s taking some time.

As a stopgap measure, we have temporarily enabled access to the forum for everyone.

(Christian Hamburger Grøngaard) #3

It seems there are still a lot of topics missing. Even if I manage to find them, I’m represented with “Sorry, you don’t have access to that topic!” Why would this be?

(Mattias Petter Johansson) #4

@christian darn, it might be that I had to do the permissions for the sub categories as well - all should be visible now!

(Mattias Petter Johansson) #5

The issue seem to have been resolved now, so I’m turning private patron access back on.

The fix was this, if anyone is curious ( - a stark reminder that global variables are really easy to make mistakes with.

(Mattias Petter Johansson) #6

(Michael) #7

Hey, I stopped my pledge and continued it again within the month but I still can’t access some parts of the forum I could access before. Does this have anything to do with it?

(Michael) #8

Hello @mpj, I hope your day is going well. I just wanted to point out that I am still experiencing issues accessing some threads (even the ones I created) and when I try to create a new thread, I only have the “Public / Non-patrons” category to choose from. :frowning:

(David Komer) #9

Yeah I saw - when I tagged you in your portfolio post, it told me that you won’t be notified because you don’t have access :\

(Michael) #10

@dakom I saw the notification and then after clicking on it, it just disappeared :confused:

(Vallis) #11

It looks like the Patreon section is missing from your profile, this is probably a webhook that’s failed for some reason. As far as I know only admins (Mpj and David) can assign you the correct permission level. Hang in there, I’m sure they’ll have it sorted soon.

(Mattias Petter Johansson) #12

I think we’re seeing some new issues… yay. The webhook is only related for new members. I did a manual patreon sync and it restored access for @the_ozmic but he should never have lost it in the first place.

I’ll reach out do Discourse… again. :frowning:

(Mattias Petter Johansson) #13

(Mattias Petter Johansson) #14